I think we are starting to see the end of this horrendous stomach virus. It took almost six days before I could even imagine wanting food again. It brought all 4 of us down at some point in the last week. It would be easy to focus on the awfulness of it, look at the stacks of laundry or the fact that we ate lunch on paper plates because we ran out of dishes. I want to look for the good in the world, so in an effort to do that, here’s the good things that happened over our week of illness:
- Mini-ion #1 really establishing his independence when he was able to get himself breakfast on the first real morning of sickness.
- Mini-ion #1’s helpfulness that whole first day. He was like the angel we needed to get through the day.
- Mini-ion #2 and I being sick on the same day. Although neither of us enjoyed the illness, she was literally attached to me the entire day, napping on me off and on. If I hadn’t been sick, it would have been really frustrating, if she hadn’t been sick, she would have been a lot more active. We just laid together all day and felt sick.
- My father-in-law’s helpfulness, bringing us ginger ale and potato bread when neither dear husband or I could get out of bed on the first day, then playing with the kids on Tuesday morning so I could rest. His willingness to enter the “house of sickness” was needed, even though he didn’t come out completely unscathed (just picked up Mini-ion #2’s cold – oh yeah, she got sick twice).
- Dear husband’s helpfulness each night after work picking up on surviving when I was about done.
- Disney Jr.
- Friends that were willing to play with us and brought us the most amazing chicken soup and ginger ale
- Amazing amounts of cuddles with my mini-ions. Nearly every afternoon, we’d all cuddle in my bed together, watching tv and resting.
- Mini-ion #2’s concern and hugs for Mini-ion #1 as he joined the stomach virus club
In terms of weeks, this was pretty unproductive. Chores may not have gotten done, but love was shared.
- Sick fish go to the sturgeon (crumbsoffthetable.wordpress.com)
- Friends and Lysol (milkmaiddiaries.wordpress.com)